Specialist in public sanitation
Pop-Up Toilet Company is a global leader in public sanitation. We understand that at night, as opposed to during daytime hours, people have different needs. They go to different places. But, night or day, they still need to go. That is why we offer a comprehensive product range of public sanitary facilities, for both day and night economies. Pop-Up Toilet Company has its headquarters in Apeldoorn, The Netherlands. Founder and CEO: Marco Schimmel.
How it all began
Let us take you back in time for a moment. After 10 years’ experience in leasing sanitary facilities, we were approached by a local council in 1999, to provide a temporary sanitary solution to solve the problem of people urinating in public. This was to be for a six-month period, the councillor in question indicating that his department was to come up with a long-term solution within that period.
2000 World first: the pop-up urinal
To cut a long story short, we took the liberty of producing a suitable and permanent solution: a pop-up urinal. The very first UriLift. By thinking beyond the customer’s requirement, we solved two problems with a single solution: the customer was provided with a full-service, sustainable investment which is still in use today.
Thinking beyond customers’ demand
This example illustrates the way we work, and the added value we provide. We not only think along with our customers, we think even further. We see it as our responsibility: our expertise and many years of experience allow us to look beyond short-term solutions and with the knowledge we possess, we can suggest options our clients may not have considered.
World first in 2016: the women’s urinal
Working along those same lines, we also developed the world’s first women’s urinal, providing an answer to the worldwide demand for freely accessible sanitary facilities for women. In March 2016, we installed the world’s first women’s urinal in Amsterdam.
International activities: Pop-up solutions
We operate domestically and abroad, all over Europe and beyond. Outside of our home country, The Netherlands, our products are referred to as Pop-up solutions, Which is why we have decided to change the name of our organization to Pop-Up Toilet Company.
2017 New world first in development
Behind the scenes, we are currently in the process of developing another world first, this time in the field of public facilities for venues that require short-term high-capacity sanitary provisions, like festivals, concerts, fairs and other (outdoor) events.
We have the people, the expertise and the equipment and materials to perform all necessary operations, from installation to maintenance. This gives us the freedom to work independently, without relying on third parties. With our flexible load trucks, fully equipped with cranes and containers, all we need is one vehicle to perform all operations needed to install your sanitary solution.
Environmental considerations are important to our clients and they are equally essential to us. Here are some examples of how we have made and continue to make the environment a key aspect of our business model:
- We use fully recyclable materials. Of our units’ components, over 95% is completely re-usable,
- The cleaning products we use, are fully bio-degradable (Ecolabel).
- Our vehicle fleet consists of trucks and service vans equipped with clean engines that meet all current environmental demands (eco-class 5 or electric engines).
- Our sales representatives drive Opel Amperas, with an operational range of 500 kilometres on exclusively electric power.
- Our truck has an extremely efficient Euro5 Class engine, broad tyres and a steerable rear axle for minimal pavement load.
- Cleaning cycles are set for minimal water consumption.
- Cleaning cycle intervals can be further adjusted to actual cleaning demand.
- The handwashing facility is sensor-controlled, preventing excessive use of water, soap and energy.
- We use ecological toilet paper with automatically controlled dispensers.
- When a toilet is not in use, only the essential functions, like technical compartment heating, remain active. All other functions automatically switch to sleep mode. This way, energy consumption is kept to a minimum.
- Traditional cleaning and disinfection systems use detergents that are delivered with the flushing water and eventually wind up in communal sewage. Our night-time disinfection system makes addition of detergents to the flushing water unnecessary, while at the same time ensuring a higher degree of cleaning.
- The GSM control system in our units allows remote monitoring and remote control of various functions. This means that minor problems can be resolved by remote control, without the need of a technician’s physical presence at the unit.
- We are currently in the process of constructing new business premises, which should be completed at the end of 2017 and will include various environmentally beneficial provisions, like full isolation, solar panels and heat pumps and water collection systems to allow rainwater to be re-used for toilet cleaning.
- In cities where we install and manage all day and night economy facilities, we can plan for even more efficient cleaning and service intervals, achieving additional savings in energy consumption and man hours in the process.
Working together on our mission: passion for toilets
What distinguishes us from other suppliers is our 100% focus on public sanitary provisions. We design, we invent, we deliver, we install and maintain. From a one-man company our organization, over the course of 25 years, has grown into a professional business with a staff of 10 full-time employees, all of them specialized in public sanitation. Our company slogan is Passion for Toilets and we live by that creed. We have solutions to meet all requirements. If we don’t, we will build one. Together with our clients we put our mission into practice, working to make the world a cleaner and more hygienic place.